MA of Information Science and Technology:
Intelligent Systems and Informatics (Kuniyoshi-Harada) Laboratory,
Department of Mechano-Informatics,
Graduate School of Information Science and Technology,
The University of Tokyo
Development of "JOURNALIST ROBOT SYSTEM"
Journalist robot system generates articles by searching for news in the real world.
Our system repeats the steps:
- autonomous exploration
- recording of news
- generation of articles
We characterize events with two values: "anomaly" and "relevance" to the user. During the exploration step, images are evaluated using these values. If an interesting event is detected, the robot approaches it to collect additional information. The system then labels the images, and generates a description from the labels. Experiments show the ability of our system to find news-like phenomena and describe images with words.
If you need the detail of our research, please go to our laboratory website.
- 1997 Graduated from Hikarigaoka 5th Elementary School
- 2000 Graduated from Hikarigaoka 3rd Junior High School
- 2003 Graduated from the Senior High School at Otsuka, University of Tsukuba
- 2007 Graduated from Faculty of Engineering, The University of Tokyo; Bachelor of Engineering Degree
Newspapers I made
- Personal newspaper at elementary school, "ASAKAZE" (1995/04-1997/03, monthly)
- Newsletter of student council (1998-1999, while I was in the student council)
- Student Newspaper of high school, "TOU-IN Newspaper" (2000/04-2002/07, biweekly)
- "The University of Tokyo NewsPaper" (2003/04-now, weekly)
The University of Tokyo Newspaper Foundation
- Faculty of Engineering PR magazine"Ttime!" (2005/04-now, bimonthly)
Faculty of Engineering Public Relations
Weblog of PR assistants at the Faculty of Engineering
- Job information magazine, "Shu-shoku Journal"(2007/08-2008/03, monthly)
RECRUIT co., ltd. "Shu-syoku Journal"
Faculty of Engineering Bldg.2 82B2, Hongo 7-3-1, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN